Setting up a proxy server
If your computer connects to the Internet through a network protected by a firewall, you may need to specify proxy servers to get to webpages and other Internet resources.
Before you begin, ask your network administrator to tell you which type of proxy server to specify (for example, a web proxy server), the IP address or DNS name for the server, and a port number.
To set up a proxy server:
- Choose Edit > Preferences, or press F2.
- Click Proxy Tab.
- Click Enable Proxy checkbox.
- Use the information you got from your network administrator to change the settings.
- If you want to access some websites directly (bypassing Proxy), type these domains into the Exceptions list.
- Click OK.
To turn on/off proxy access:
- Choose Privacy > Enable Proxy
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Y key combination
- Click Proxy toolbar button (if configured to be visible)
- Choose Edit > Preferences, click Proxy Tab and click Enable proxy checkbox
The server is called a "proxy" because QtWeb sends requests for webpages to the server instead of directly to the website.directly to the website.