Customizing menu titles and shortcuts
The QtWeb has a main menu and keyboard shortcuts being assigned to the most of menu commands. You can change menu titles (for example translate them to another language), change hot keys, and assign your favorite shortcuts to the menu commands.
To change menu titles and shortcuts:
- Click Preferences toolbar button, or choose Edit > Preferences, go to Advanced tab, click Advanced Customization checkbox and click "Menus and Shortcuts" button
- In the Edit Menus and Shortcuts dialog find menu command you want to edit. Scroll down to enumerate more than 80 commands.
- To edit menu title just double click it. Type a new title and press Enter when done. You can use any language, English is not a requirement. Ampersand sign (&) highlights a Hot Key which follows the ampersand. You can assign any key to a Hot Key.
- To edit command shortcut(s) double click the second column for the particular menu command. Delete, change or assign a new shortcut and press Enter. You can use "Alt", "Ctrl", "Shift" and "Meta" key modifiers with any key, combining them with plus (+) sign. "Meta" key modifier is mapped to Windows key.
- Click Ok button to save changes, which will be applied after QtWeb restarts.
More than one shortcut can be assigned to a command. You can type several key combinations separated by a space.
Shortcuts cannot be assigned to top-level and drop-down menus, only leaf-level menu item shortcuts are customizable.
If you deleted shortcut(s) for a command - default shortcut(s) will be used when you start QtWeb next time.
Changes to menu titles and shortcuts are applied only when QtWeb is restarted.