Profiling resources usage
Web Inspector allows you to profile a web page resources usage such as loading time and size of web elements, request and response headers, and much more.
To profile resources usage for web page or HTML element:
- Enable Web Inspector from Tools menu, reload the page being inspected
- Invoke a Web Inspector using one of the following methods:
- right-click the HTML element and choose Inspect from the context menu
- choose Inspect Element from the Tools menu
- click Inspect toolbar button (if Inspect button is configured to be visible in settings)
- Web Inspector window appears, click Resources tab at the top
- To inspect loading time of web elements, click the Time header under Graphs section. Move mouse over graphs to see the latency and exact time for loading particular elements
- To inspect size of web elements, click the Size header under Graphs section. Move mouse over graphs to see the exact size for particular elements being loaded
- To inspect a particular web element, click on it under Resources section. HTML code snipplet or image with basic attributes will be displayed as well as Request and Response Headers will be placed at the top.