If downloads aren't working
Here are some things to try if you're having trouble with downloads.
If the Downloads window is not already open, choose Window > Downloads, or press Ctrl+Alt+L.
Try the following:
- Check to see if the file is still being downloaded.
- See if downloading has been paused. If you see the Try Again button next to the file's name, click it.
- If the file has been downloaded but you can't find it, resize if needed Downloads window to see the full path.
- If you can't open the file, you may not have an application that opens it. Check the site where you downloaded the file for more information.
- If you can't open the file with the application that created it, the file may have been corrupted during the download. Delete it and try downloading it again.
- The downloaded file may be a compressed archive or disk image that contains the file you want. If the file is from a trusted site, double-click the file to decompress it.